Thursday, January 17, 2008

10 Things You Might Not Know About Me...(from Geri)

1. A short-term (or long-term goal I have.
Go on missions trips (sometimes with David) to places like Trinidad, South America, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, also doing practical things like helping in the fields, orphanages etc...David would donate his electrical engineering skills. There is actually an "Engineers Without Borders", just like "Doctors Without Borders"! I can picture him volunteering in Israel. I have the Hebrew down pat (Yeh right) and David has the engineering language. :) These are little more than fantasies right now, but Lord willin,’ they will happen.

2. If I won a million dollars in the lottery: Well, I never get a ticket, but if I did... Ten percent would go to various charities etc., have our rentals painted inside and out, new siding on one, our house painted on the outside and remodeled inside. (Grandkids have dented the walls a bit, and white carpets are 14 years old) Buy mom a new mattress! Buy Mary something cool for all her help with mom, and ditto for all sibs... Visit friends in Australia. Go to Israel at least once a year. Visit Steph in London at least once a year, and WA for Wolfes, CA for Nicki. Visit Wisconsin at least once a year and friends in Trinidad, South Carolina, North Carolina. Buy Doug a few things, as well as my other kids, step kids and grandkids...and of course my loving husband... What fun!

3. A hidden talent I have: - Playing Wii sports with 2 and 4 year old grandkids! What a bowler I am. :)

4. If I could have any job in the world: I would be a tour guide on a bus, guiding tourists around Alaska, going on hikes with them, telling them of the best places to eat, shop etc... Actually, I do this already! Ha ha...

5. A hobby I have: Photography, duh. :) Do I ever stop? I need to...maybe...

6. A crime I once committed: Two tickets for not coming to a complete stop. I am famous for California stops, and this doesn't have anything to do with the time in San Francisco, when I almost got Mary and Bev and myself killed! I was driving on the middle lane on a one way street, about to make a left turn when a car whizzed by us on the left, going straight! Thanks Lord, for the angel... (This was only minutes after we had gotten off the plane. :)

7. Something I have always wondered about: Where are all the missing socks!!!!

8. I wish (or pray): I pray that a certain young woman that I know will surrender her life to the Lord and get her life on track, to do what she was meant to do in life....

9. A compliment for someone in the family: I rarely hear mom complaining or gossiping. :)

10. Misc... Remember to Respond, not React. :)

No comments: